Questions about Family Sponsorship Applications

Answers to Common Questions about Family Sponsorship Applications

If your spouse applied, or wants to apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada class, he or she can apply for an open work permit.

If your spouse is in Canada and has run out of status, you can still sponsor him or her.  It is called Lack-of-Status; whereas, under public policy foreigners who run out of status while in Canada are still eligible to be sponsored.

If you are suffering in an abusive relationship, you do not have to stay.  There are options for you.  Please visit the Abusive Relationship Page and I will briefly explain what happens in these types of situations.

The links on the side of this page will take you directly to Immigration Canada’s Government website. There you can download the required application.  Follow the instructions carefully and if you still require help please contact my office.